Inspired Life Social Enterprise was co founded by Rich after the Vanouver Winter Olympics to provide inspiration to young people and bridge the gap between formal education and life. We inspire young people and communities to reach their true potential by providing structured programmes, experiential resources, and access to inspirational role models such as artists, musicians, Olympians and adventurers.
Since its launch in 2010 Inspired Life CIC has engaged over 32,000 young people and received national recognition for its work and impact. Inspired Life was a London 2012 Inspire Mark Project as well as winning recognition as a finalist in the Royal Bank of Scotland SE (Social Enterprise) 100 index as a trail blazing newcomer. More importantly Inspired Life delivered great results including 100 % improvement in inspiration and life skills during programmes as well as a 23.8% improvement in adolescent well-being (NHS evidenced based model).
Inspired Life has developed the following programmes
- Assemblies programmes with inspirational speakers such as Olympians, adventurers, artists and musicians(role models)
- Emotional Literacy Role Model Programme linked to our Award Winning Little Book of Inspiration
- Adventure School Outdoor Activities and Learning teaching hard skills alongside lifeskills
- Over 100 worksheets, challenge cards and emotional literacy resources
- Primary School Little Book of Inspiration and associated emotional literacy programme
- Summer school and enrichment activities
- Challenge cards with 75 tasks for team building activities
We have operated for identified vulnerable and disadvantaged young people to those considered on the gifted and talented programmes and also worked in EBD schools and pupil referral units (PRU's). Additionally many of our programmes were delivered alongside qualifications on NEET (Not in Employment, Education or Training) under European Social Funding for young offenders, carers groups and young mothers groups with transformational results.